Local Ocean Beach EventsO
cean Beach is host to many fun and festive events throughout the year. Numerous surfing contests are held across the street from the Ocean Beach Hotel and volleyball tournaments are at the north end of the beach. Other sporting tournaments are held at nearby Robb Field. The Ocean Beach Hotel is the perfect location for groups attending these events.
Enjoy the incredible OB Farmers Market every Wednesday where you can find fresh locally sourced produce, ready-to-eat local food, homemade arts and crafts, and live music.
While summertime is prime beach days, San Diego's climate offers warm days year round. We suggest wet suits if you are venturing in the water between November and May.
Ocean Beach has active businesses that hold the following events:
- Farmers Market every Wednesday 4 to 8 pm
- Kite Festival in Early March
- Annual Street Fair and Chili Cook-off on June 26, 2010
- Spectacular Fireworks off the Pier on July 4th
- OB Octoberfest on October 8, 2010
- Restaurant Walk mid November
December is packed with special holiday events:
- Sand Castle building
- Arrival of the OB Christmas Tree on Dec. 1
- OB Craft Fair-December Saturdays 9 to 3 pm
- OB Holiday Parade on December 4th at 5 pm
- Sandy Claws at Dog Beach